Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pointillism

I've been fascinated with pointillism ever since my sister brought home a pointillism clown face drawing she made in elementary school. She carefully explained that if I looked closely the entire picture was made up of itty bitty dots and not "drawn" in the traditional sense (at that age I think 'Traditional' meant bright orange color crayons). This past weekend I worked on this portrait for a little girl we sponsor. I hope she likes it. I've done portraits as far back as I can remember but have only recently been branching out to do portraits in pointillism. I like the feel of it, but am still a bit shaky. One of the drawbacks of using Ink was that I could not erase when I went to far up her cheek so she looks a little like she has the mumps, but I hope she will like it anyway. Her name is Kalkidan and she is the second child we have had the honor and joy to sponsor. We sponsor her through World Vision. SO, it's a bit rough around the edges, but do you think she will like it? Take care and wherever you are Have Fun!

4 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I want to see some manga style next... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter. Thanks for dropping in. As for Manga... I just can't do cartoons. I always start out ok and then keep adding detail till they are not longer cartoons. I do however love manga art styles. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful and gracious....Ive never heard of that art form...this is a beautiful creation, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm glad you think it's nice. Hopefully she will like it. I was a little worried. Take care.

    ReplyDelete