Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring has Sprung!

Hello Blogland! I'm back! Toddler Tuesdays will start up again next Tuesday. Today I have some catching up to do. It's spring. Most of the snow is gone, buds are swelling, itty bitty new grass is sprouting. No flowers yet, but there is something else that is budding and growing in our home right now. We are expecting a new family member this October. We don't know if we are having a boy or a girl yet, but have chosen the nick name 'Badger'. 
Surprise!
Last year I asked a lot of mothers about how they chose to have a second child or why they chose to have  only one. I thank everyone for taking the time to answer such a personal question. In the end we decided to have another because I don't want Panda to be alone one day. The death of my mother hit pretty hard. Women in my family don't live long. Questions of what would happen to Panda when both Bear and I are gone kept running through my mind and keeping me awake nights. I've always wanted children (plural), but Panda is a tough nut. I love our family of three and Panda requires so much extra effort. Recently he was diagnosed with a Sensory Processing Disorder. I'll talk more about that later, but lets just say for now that it has been a very trying time in our home lately. When we finally decided to try for another child we had a three month window to try and that was it. I've always said no children after 35 because of a connective tissue disorder I have. I guess in my heart I didn't think we would get pregnant. It took us two years to conceive Panda. God, the universe, call it what you will, had other plans for us and we were blessed right away. God want this baby to be part of our family, so I know things will be ok. There is a big plan for this tiny baby. So with that, I'll stop for the day with a huge spring smile, a Hello blog Mamas, and a Welcome Badger, Welcome to our family.
Shine on!

6 comments:

  1. So very happy for you my friend, congratulations!!!!

    So happy to see you back in your space.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, it will be nice to start blogging again. I've missed the peace this space brings. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for you!!! How exciting for Panda - AND you & Bear!

    Can't wait to log on for The Never Boring Tails of Panda and Badger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'The Never Boring Tails of Panda and Badger' sounds like a best selling kids series. I will have to remember this title for them ;)

      Delete
  3. You little secret-keeping lady! What wonderful news!!!! Congrats. I couldn't be happier for you. And I agree with Mama Housemouse, what a great name for a blog series! So happy you are back. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muhahaha, it's been hard keeping it a secret. Miss Mouse is my sister. I'm happy to be back. Take care.

      Delete