Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tea Cozy


For my Mum's birthday I made her a Tea cozy inspired by Acornpies. I began by crocheting a large round circle. I checked its size by folding it in half and holding it up to my tea pot. Next time I will leave the spout and handle sticking out of the cozy.




When it was big enough to cover the spout and handle I placed strips of tape parallel across the middle leaving about a 1 inch gap. I ran a tight zigzag stitch with my sewing machine along the inside edges of the strips of tape.





Next I cut through the middle. The zigzag stitch keeps the yarn from unraveling.







To give the cut edges a finished look I folded a ribbon over the edges and sew them into place.







I used a blanket stitch to attach the two halves together.












I found an adorable bead that looks like a teapot for the handle of the cozy.







At last it was done and just in time for her birthday. I can't wait to make one for myself. Hope this helps to inspire; and have fun!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Very nicely made, you Mother must have been pleased. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete