Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lawn Furniture Makeover

I'm skipping posting about our secret project this week to show you this project instead. I have often dreamed and drooled over new fancy lawn furniture sets in garden magazines, but we can't justify dolling out enough to buy a new car just for chairs that sit outside.. So I dream on.
This is what our patio furniture looked like. Two different colors of stained plastic. Ugly and boring.. But functional. We also have a rocking love-seat and table made out of extremely silver and weathered wood. ( I forgot to take a before picture of those).
After some new paint and cushions (Made out of a patio love-seat cushion we bought on clearance last fall), our patio now could fit in quite nicely in any garden magazine. The red pot is actually a bubble pot fountain that retails around $80, but we snagged it at a local thrift store for $4! They thought it was a strawberry planter of some sort. Now I can listen to the sound of running water again ( I miss our pond and waterfall).

Just one last view. Everything looks so fresh now. I love our new/old patio furniture. Even the gazebo was a thrift find. Our gazebo was crushed under the weight of an ice storm followed by a blizzard the night our son was born. I found a replacement on Craigslist cheep. I needed to sew the canvas and create a new top piece, but it turned out rather well. A new Patio set for under $40!
Be well and thrift on!. 




7 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Always amazed at what a little paint can do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were floored with how well it turned out. My father in law did not even recognize the two chairs. He had given them to us when we moved in. Be well.

      Delete
  2. I love these sort of projects. We as well try not to buy anything new, especially if we can redo it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out so great! Love the chairs, and the lights are such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, We've been spending every moment that we can out here. Ahhh Sunshine. Be well.

      Delete
  4. Wow! What an amazing transformation! The dark colors of the chair are really perfect. I love how adorable the party lights look. Perfect for an evening get together by the yard. Thank you for sharing! All the best to you!

    Ian Hawkins @ Wickerworks

    ReplyDelete