Monday, September 19, 2016

Talk Like a Pirate Day 2016

Ahoy there my hearties! Today tis Talk Like a Pirate day. Any land lubber can tell you that today tis one of me favorite holidays.
So, just for today we had a special school plan. The boys received a treasure of dollar store pirate coloring books, and crayons. My sister and her family found a brand new pumpkin potato head pirate at a thrift store, and stickers I've had sitting around for years that I keep forgetting about.
Our book, might not be the best pirate book around, but it was one we had on hand. Every page is filled with tiny details and it was fun to play the 'I spy' game with the boys. We read it outside... Actually we spent most of the day outside.
Badger had his Toddler Tuesday wonder basket filled specially for the day. Hopefully I will start posting about his adventures soon. 
We tossed our gold doubloons pillows into the treasure chest and counted them as we tossed.
We practiced taking turns and learning about balance with this game. I have had this game for about 15 years now. It's amazing that the pieces are in as good of shape as they are still.... But then again, we don't normally pull it out except for Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Then because there needed to be a big treasure hunt, we went on a nature scavenger hunt. I found a lovely printable nature hunt free online "Here". On our hunt we saw many different beetles, a tiny duck, and several different types of seed pods... But the mosquitoes descended before I was able to get any pictures.  
We finished our day up with a pirate sensory bathtub. Badger liked the seashells. Panda liked the boats. Both of them ignored the coins, but loved the cookie scented bubble bath... Yum.
And that, me hearties, is how our adventure be.
~Shine on~

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, cookie scented bubble bath? Where did you find this?

    It looks like a fun day!!! I love the idea of a sensory bath. Especially for energetic boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the vanilla brown sugar bubble bath from the dollar store that you introduced us to. We love it! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Looks like lots of fun! So good to hear from you and check in on you again! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've missed visiting my blog friends.

      Delete
  4. This post makes me smile every year! LOL! I love how excited your are about this "holiday". That scavenger hunt is awesome, downloaded and printed. We will have to do that next week when I'm feeling a bit better. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you heal swiftly. National Talk Like a Pirate day is a real holiday. Really, really it is :)

      Delete