Monday, June 30, 2014

Springform Pan Alternative for No Bake Cakes

A while ago I found Emily von Euw and her amazing vegan blog This Rawsome Vegan Life. She has amazing vegan recipes. My favorite of her dessert recipes is her Carrot Cake (the recipe is also in her book shown above). She uses a springform pan to make her cakes. I don't have one. I almost got one, but decided "Hey, I can make one of these". This only works for non bake items, but it's simple and works rather well. 
I started with a butter tub.
Next I cut the bottom off of the tub, 
slit the side and then covered it with tape,
cut a circle of parchment paper to fit the lid,
and but the lid back on the tub.
Then I filled the springform tub with cake mix.
When it was ready I took the lid off the bottom....
Peeled off the tape,
and took the tub off from around the cake.
Easy Peasy!
Time to frost and decorate.
Mmmmm. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment