Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pumpkin Patch 2014

 
 Our family is in a rush trying to get everything ready for a road trip to see some old friends, but we had to take some time to slow down, step away, and make time for our Autumn Tradition. 
This week we made time to visit our local pumpkin patch. Panda spotted a cultivator harvesting corn in the distance and took off like a racehorse. He loved the rocks, the dry packed earth, corn kernels strewn like jewels in the dust,  but he could have cared less about the pumpkins. I'm sure that will change when he learns they are eatable. 
  This year the farm had these wonderful peddle tractors. For Panda it was love at first sight. 
There was also a corn pit. It might just be the biggest corn pit I have ever seen. Since we went during the week there was no one else there and Panda was in bliss. I thought it would take an army to get him out of there, but he was actually very well behaved... And very tired. 
What Autumn traditions have you been enjoying with your family? 
Be well and shine on.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. That corn pit is amazing! I know my little man would love that. Safe travels on your road trip. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks, We're home! It was a great trip, but it's nice to be home.

      Delete
  2. This is great, i'd so love to come have an american autumn one day. here in australia none of the native trees loose their leaves so you pretty much have to go looking if you want to find an 'autumn' tree lol and there aren't pumpkin patches like this that people visit, I guess because we don't really have halloween. I love seeing photos of it, looks like so much fun. Pandas hair is so gorgeous :) and I love his apple doll that you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, they are rather fun but it seems that the further north you go the bigger the pumpkin patches and the more fiery the Autumn colors. I love Panda's hair to, but I'm a bit bias on this one ;) And Apple is still his best buddy. She got a new outfit while we were away. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Panda's adorable! Did he ride the peddle tractor? I'd forgotten about them. The kids across the street had one when we were growing up. Your day looks like fun. It's good to slow down and relax for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robbin. I think he's adorable to ;) He loved ridding the tractors, but insisted on riding them backwards. It was priceless. I often need reminders to slow down. Be well.

      Delete