Saturday, November 9, 2013

Cinnamon Scented Pillows


One of the scents I love best is cinnamon.  I have bowls of cinnamon scented pinecones in every room and closet, but I wanted a different look (and Bear has threatened to throw out my pinecones if he gets hit in the head with another basket of pinecones in the closet again) and so I whipped up this yummy batch of cinnamon scented pillows.
 I used a cinnamon broom from Trader Joe's, Burlap, and Autumn colored felt for this project.
I cut the burlap into 5X5" squares. Then I cut out felt letters and sewed them on (I wish I had left them like this, but I later outlined them in black fabric paint to make them stand out more; they camouflaged with the bricks of my fireplace pre paint). Then I sewed The squares into pillows and stuffed them with fabric scraps and chopped up cinnamon broom ( I used garden clippers for that part). My little pillows were meant for the mantle but look great in a basket and on the back of my sofa, The room smells wonderful. I might need to make another set for Christmas. 
I hope you like this project. Be well and Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. nice, id have to say much nicer than being hit in the head with pine cones:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I had a lot of fun making them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you outlined the letters. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable! I love the scent of cinnamon too... it's a comfort fragrance for me.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete